Monday, March 4, 2013

Waking up Different After 20 Years

This is unbelievable. The last few weeks I have been waking up light and energetic. Even noticing how happy I feel right away even if I am swirling in the busyness that motherhood brings from the moment I open my eyes. WHAT IS HAPPENING?

For almost 20 years now, I have been waking up congested  full of snot, sneezy and super groggy. It usually takes about 2 hours to get rid of it. Its embarrassing, and annoying.

The 12th grade pre- Domestic Yogi 

I remember the exact time it all started. It was the beginning of 12th grade, the end of September, and I remember thinking that I had a cold that would just not go away.

I started to feel better in the mornings, ironically, 3 months post-Lyme. I went off antihistamines after I realized I had Lyme. The antihistamines seemed to be greatly exasperating the situation. I got through my antihistamine detox and changed my diet, then *poof* all of a sudden I was feeling much less snotty all the time.

The odd time I cheated and had wheat, I woke up the next day a little more snotty and sneezy.

I don't think I am allergic to wheat, but wheat is a trigger. Modern wheat, now-a-days contains a sort of "super gluten" that is super inflammatory. Here is an interesting article about modern wheat in HuffPost.

After my Live Blood Cell Analysis, it was suggested I go on plant-based supplements Quercetin and Bromelain. They are known for their anti-inflammatory properties, and work to help boost the body's natural allergy fighting mechanism (amongst other things).

Ever since I started to take these new supplements, I feel like my 16-year-old-self again! Well, almost. Hopefully more the wiser.

It feels different than over-the-counter allergy medicine too. (Jim explained the technical chemical difference to me too, but I can't remember).

All's I know is "Stella's Got Her Groove Back."

Me, 20 years later!


No comments:

Post a Comment